After overtaking Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man as the highest-grossing superhero origin movie of all time, Wonder Woman is adding one more trophy to its shelf. The DC film is now the best superhero movie of all time, according to review aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes. Fifty films made it to the list, but Wonder Woman came out on top, beating Marvel’s Logan and Thor: Ragnarok.
While the Patty Jenkins-directed pic doesn’t hold the highest percentage rating in the bunch, RT made use of a weighted formula (Bayesian) that accounts for variation in the number of reviews per movie. The scores were then ranked to determine the crème dela crème of the superhero genre.
Here are the top 10 superhero films with their adjusted scores:
- Wonder Woman (2017) – 108.549%
- Logan (2017) – 107.954%
- The Dark Knight (2008) – 106.313%
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – 105.957%
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – 105.511%
- Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) – 103.97%
- Iron Man (2008) – 103.912%
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – 103.893%
- The Incredibles (2004) – 103.424%
- The Lego Batman Movie (2017) – 103.253%
Of course, director Patty Jenkins is nothing but thankful about the news as she expressed her surprise re the film’s latest achievement via Twitter.
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) November 7, 2017
Gal Gadot will reprise her role as Princess Diana in DC’s ultimate superhero team-up film Justice League come November 17th.